The Goal of this five-day course is to focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware Cloud Director™ 10.x. You learn about workload provisioning, the creation of organizations, virtual data centers (VDCs), catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks.
This course also covers interfacing VMware Cloud Director with other systems and the integration and use of VMware Cloud Director Availability™. You also learn how to manage multisite, cross-VDC networking, and configuring Central Point of Management (CPOM) to define a Software-defined Data Center (SDDC) for a tenant and provider users of VMware Cloud Director. This course also discusses how to monitor various VMware Cloud Director objects using VMware vRealize® Operations™ and discusses administering tenant facing applications using vRealize® Operations Tenant App™.
- VMware vSphere 6.7 U3
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator 7.6
- VMware NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.6
- VMware NSX-T Data Center 2.5.1
- VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™ 8.1
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager Tenant App 2.4
- VMware vCloud® Availability 4.0
Customers, cloud architects, systems engineers, data center administrators, and cloud administrators with experience in managed services or managing a service provider environment
In result of the training participants:
- Deploy VMware Cloud Director
- Manage VMware Cloud Director to meet the service provider needs
- Create and manage VMware Cloud Director organizations and vApps to fulfill business needs
- Create and manage VMware Cloud Director catalogs
- Transfer virtual machine workloads from VMware vSphere® into and out of VMware Cloud Director
- Configure networking for organizations and vApps with the help of VMware NSX-T™ Data Center and VMware NSX® Data Center for vSphere™
- Discuss customer onboarding scenario using VMware Cloud Availability for on premises-to-cloud workload migration
- Enable a layer 2 stretched network that spans across multiple VMware Cloud Director sites and organization VDCs within the same site
- Manage resources from the VMWare Cloud Director console and use VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™
- Manage a dedicated VMware vCenter Server® and publish proxies to the tenant
- Onboard developer applications to the tenant using VMware Cloud Director® App Launchpad™
- Enable VM and Named Disk Encryption
- Create VM sizing and placement policies
Prerequisites to the course (recommended):
The achievement of learning outcomes is assessed during practical tasks.
Length: 40 academic hours
The prerequisite for issuing the certificate is full participation in training.
The training topics and description:
- Course Introduction
- Software-Defined Data Center and VMware Validated Design
- Deploying and Configuring VMware Cloud Director
- VMware Cloud Director Provider and Tenant
- User Access Control
- Working with Virtual Machines
- Working with vApps
- Managing Catalogs and Templates
- VMware Cloud Director Networking
- Advanced Networking
- Additional Features
- Resource Monitoring and Feature Preview
Read more about the class from here !
You can participate in the training also with the Unemployment Insurance Fund training card.
See you at the training!
TRAINING JUNE 14-18: REGISTRATION DEADLINE JUNE 4